- Excellent optimization and anti-malware tools
- 60-day money-back guarantee
- 24/7 technical support with all paid plans
- Adjustable settings and user-friendly interface
IObit Advanced SystemCare Review
IOBit is a robust system cleaner with a slick interface, but it tends to oversell on some of its premium features
Updated: March 25,2022
Since it was founded back in 2004, IOBit has been growing and expanding its user database. Today, the company’s software has more than 500 million downloads worldwide and numerous awards recognizing its excellence. The Advanced SystemCare package has become one of the best PC optimizers on the market and a household name when it comes to resolving issues that arise in most PCs over time.
It is a solution that focuses not only on antivirus protection but also on overall software optimization. This all-in-one solution protects your device against various online threats while boosting its performance in everyday tasks. Our IObit Advanced SystemCare review will talk about all of the essential features of this PC optimization software, including pricing, user-friendliness, and compatibility with various operating systems. We will carefully inspect all of its pros and cons to give you an insight into all it has to offer. Let’s get right into it, shall we?
- Automatic updates
- Performance monitor widget
- Deep optimization option
- Real-time protection
- Startup optimization
- Email protection
- Browser anti-tracking
- Many useful features require a paid subscription
Products and Features
IObit has designed a solution for all those looking for a PC speed booster and an easy way to improve their overall PC performance. Advanced SystemCare comes in three flavors, depending on your needs and budget: Advanced SystemCare 14 Free, Advanced SystemCare 14 Pro, and Advanced SystemCare 14 Ultimate. We will go through all three in detail.
IObit Advanced SystemCare 14 Free
The Free version incorporates many useful features but naturally lacks some of the more advanced tools available only for paying customers. So, what do you actually get?
- The main option you will see once you get to the IObit dashboard is the Scan button. By clicking on it, you will initiate a complete scan of your device, and once it is done, the software will suggest the necessary fixes. While testing the free version of this software, we noticed that IObit checks for system weaknesses, scans for spyware, and shows potential security holes.
- Software Updater is a feature that lets you know whenever new versions of the software can be downloaded. This is extremely helpful as you do not have to check for updates constantly. You will be notified any time something noteworthy happens.
- Turbo Boost is a feature designed to free up memory. It shuts down all unnecessary processes, apps, and services to increase RAM. Turbo Boost has three main modes: Work mode, which shuts down unnecessary software, a Game mode that stops all processes except for the ones run by Windows, and Economy mode, which focuses on minimal power consumption.
- Another one of IObit Advanced SystemCare’s features is Deep Optimization. As its name suggests, this tool optimizes the inner workings of your device, such as the RAM, hard drive(s), and internet settings.
Since it is free software, this solution does not include some advanced privacy features such as real-time spyware protection and browser anti-tracking. So if you’re looking to have these tools too, you should think about getting one of the paid solutions below.
Advanced SystemCare 14 Pro
Advanced SystemCare 14 Pro is a solution that incorporates all the previously mentioned features but adds some new, security-focused tools designed to help you enhance the performance and safety of your device. To learn about those new features and the pricing for this product, check out our review below.
The Pro version comes with two subscription options. What’s great is that both of them have a 60-day money-back guarantee policy, and you can request a refund with no questions asked.
The prices are on par with the industry’s standards, and you get a veritable Swiss-army knife of PC protection and optimization tools for less than the price of a steak dinner. Let’s take a look at some key features that are only available with the premium Advanced SystemCare packages:
- Security Reinforce is a tool that helps diagnose system weaknesses and patch up security holes.
- The IObit Undelete option supports file recovery across internal and external storage.
- Another great tool that IObit Advanced SystemCare offers is the Homepage Advisor, which detects search engine and homepage changes to avoid browser hijacking.
- Registry Cleaner does exactly what you’d expect, keeping your Windows registry clean and uncluttered by leftover entries from long-deleted programs.
- Hardware Accelerator feature will notify you if any of your drivers need updating. During our test, the IObit software detected 4 outdated drivers which it quickly brought up to speed after we installed an additional software called IObit Driver Booster (available for free download as well as a paid ad-on with more powerful features).
- Internet Booster improves your PC’s internet connection speed.
- Real-time optimization for your computer and internet browser will further increase the responsiveness of everyday tasks.
- FaceID security feature ensures only you can access your PC and no-one else. Facial recognition software will detect unauthorized attempts to access your computer and notify you of them.
Unlike the Free version, the Pro version lets you view your PC’s disk, network, CPU, and RAM usage. You can do this by accessing its widget called Advanced SystemCare Performance Monitor. This tool lets you kill processes, power down your PC, or take app screenshots.
Advanced SystemCare Pro has a standard price of $29.99 per year. At the time of writing this review, it was discounted to just $16.77, with a three-device plan being only $19.99 instead of the usual $89.97 per year. Look out for these limited-time deals to get the best price.
When it comes to compatibility, both Advanced SystemCare Free and Advanced SystemCare Pro are available for Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, and XP devices.
Advanced SystemCare 14 Ultimate
Advanced SystemCare 14 Ultimate is the best product that IObit has to offer. In addition to all of the performance optimization tools we’ve already discussed, IObit Advanced SystemCare Ultimate comes with a comprehensive antivirus and anti-malware toolkit. Let’s take a look at its features in more detail:
- Real-time Protection is the anti-malware and anti-spyware module that shields your device from viruses, spyware, ransomware, trojans, and more potential threats in real time.
- Browser Anti-Tracking is there to clean browser history data and remove your digital fingerprints so that you can have a smooth and secure internet browsing experience. This feature is compatible with Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Microsoft’s Edge browser.
- Startup Optimization manages startup items and can stop the preload of specific processes to boost system response speed on startup.
- Privacy Shield is another advanced tool that protects your data from any unauthorized access. It instantly blocks dangerous activity to prevent data leaks while sweeping all traces of your online activity. As data breaches happen daily, ensuring the safety of your personal information is crucial.
- Junk File Clean lets you scan and clean invalid entries and junk files in just one click. By getting rid of unnecessary files on your hard drive, you increase available disk space and improve the speed of your device.
If you want to purchase the Ultimate Edition of Advanced SystemCare, it will set you back $29.99. The subscription covers three devices, and there is a 30-day free trial available, giving you plenty of time to test the product out in detail. This is the best value proposition from IObit, as you get the complete package, including antivirus and performance optimization tools for one fixed price that’s on par with the undiscounted price for Advanced SystemCare Pro.
Installation and Ease of Use
Now that we’ve talked about pricing and mentioned the software’s key features, let’s focus on installing the SystemCare software and running it on your machine. For this example, we’ll focus on the Pro version of the software.
To start the installation process, you should go to IObit’s website and download Advanced SystemCare Pro. It will only take a few seconds, and as soon as it’s finished, you should double-click on the downloaded file to start the installation.
What’s great about the IObit Advanced SystemCare Pro is that you can configure the user interface and personalize it as you like. You can change the skin, language, background, font size, or transparency by clicking on the Options button found on the top-right corner of the screen. You can also adjust the screen size or make it run in fullscreen if you prefer.
Once you finish that, you can start reviewing the Advanced SystemCare on your own. The settings for all of the program’s main functions can also be easily tailored to your needs.
The left side of the home screen has shortcuts for the Care, Speed Up, Protect, Software Updater, and Action Center functions. Once you get to the Care page, Advanced SystemCare will let you choose one of the two modes: AI Mode and Manual Mode. You can easily switch between the two modes or use the manual mode to select the modules you want to optimize manually.
Now let’s see what options this computer cleaning software offers once installed and how it can help you improve your PC.
The Speed Up tab contains six options: Turbo Boost, Startup Optimizer, Hardware Accelerator, Real-time TuneUp, App/Toolbar Cleaner, and More Optimization Tools. You can use these tools to boost your system and its performance further.
The Protect tab features advanced protection tools divided into four groups: System Protection, Browser Protection, Sensitive Data Protection, and Security & Repair Tools. Each of these groups is filled with tools designed to improve your PC’s security significantly.
Software Updater is where you should go to check for potential updates. IObit Advanced SystemCare checks all your programs, constantly looking to enhance their performance, and Pro users also get the option of performing software upgrades with just one click.
Action Center is where you will find exclusive offers for premium users and where you can purchase other IObit products at discounted prices.
Overall, IObit Advanced SystemCare Pro has a well-thought-out and user-friendly interface. It allows you to easily access all of the important tools for making sure that your device is adequately protected and fully optimized.
IObit Advanced SystemCare and its Competitors
Now that we know all about its features, pricing scheme, and user interface, let’s see how well IObit Advanced SystemCare compares to other similar solutions on the market.
IObit Advanced SystemCare vs. CCleaner
IObit Advanced SystemCare and CCleaner share some similarities, but IObit’s solution can help you optimize your PC in ways that CCleaner cannot.
Both of these solutions include tools for junk cleaning and system startup optimization. However, if you need a product that will take care of malware, you should go for IObit Advanced SystemCare. CCleaner does not include antivirus, anti-malware, or internet privacy features, and it cannot optimize your internet connection, which is something IObit Advanced SystemCare does really well.
Speaking of pricing, CCleaner Professional costs $29.95 for one device per year (not including seasonal or special discounts), which makes it on par with IOBit’s offer.
IObit Advanced SystemCare vs. Glary
Both IObit Advanced SystemCare and Glary are on the list of best PC cleanup software you can find. They both have some fantastic features, so which one is better?
After comparing these two solutions, we would say they are fairly evenly matched. Both provide excellent PC optimization tools, but we’d give the edge to Glary when it comes to registry-related tools and Advanced SystemCare when it comes to protecting your privacy.
Price-wise. Glary Utilities Pro typically costs $39.95 per year for up to three devices but is currently discounted to just $19.97. That makes it on par with the similarly discounted $19.99/year deal that IObit currently offers for its three-device Advanced SystemCare Pro plan.
The next part of our review is dedicated to customer support. IObit’s main support channel is an extensive FAQ section with answers to the most popular user questions. This section is split into smaller subsections about refunds, payments, and licenses. The website also has a forum where you can chat with other members and share your experiences.
In case you need immediate assistance, there is 24/7 technical support on demand. However, this option isn’t available in the Advanced SystemCare Free plan, and you will need to upgrade to one of the company’s two paid plans to take advantage of it.
To sum up, we were pleased with the app’s performance. Combined with an attractive pricing scheme and an intuitive interface, there is a lot to like here. With IObit Advanced SystemCare, you will be able to optimize your overall system performance, repair disk errors, and protect your device from all sorts of malicious threats online.
If you are not ready to pay for your PC cleaning software but still want to give your computer a bit of a performance boost, consider the free version of IObit Advanced SystemCare. It doesn’t include antivirus/anti-malware software, and some of the more advanced system optimization tools are missing, but it has everything you need to get started, and it won’t cost you a dime.
Yes, IObit Advanced SystemCare is safe for your device. It is a solution that does a solid job at accelerating slow PCs, while at the same time it protects them from various threats. You can rest assured that the device is there to help resolve existing problems and not create new ones.
Both CCleaner and Advanced SystemCare are solid, trustworthy products. While CCleaner solely focuses on clearing and optimizing your device, Advanced SystemCare also provides different layers of protection and improves your PC’s security.
Considering the number of features that it comes with and its pricing, we would say that this product definitely deserves a chance. We were impressed by the simplicity and effectiveness of the software, so it gets our hearty recommendation.