How To Cancel IPVanish: A Step-by-Step Guide
Jan 21,2023 January 21,2023
Although IPVanish has proved to be one of the best VPN services on the market, it’s not perfect for everyone.
In case you’ve reviewed IPVanish VPN and concluded it doesn’t have all the features you need, you can always cancel the auto renewal of your subscription. The process is actually pretty painless. Now let’s see how to cancel IPVanish and ensure you don’t incur any additional costs for it.
1. The first thing you should do when trying to opt out of your IPVanish subscription is to log into your IPVanish account on the official website. You can do so by typing in your username and password and clicking on the Submit button.
2. Once you’re in, click on the Subscription tab and find the “I want to cancel my subscription” link at the bottom of the page.
3. When you finish the second step, a new page will appear and offer three possibilities:
- Stay Protected - Click on this button if you’ve changed your mind and decided not to cancel your IPVanish access after all.
- Do Not Renew - This option is for those who want to keep their access until the end of the billing cycle and then stop using the service.
- Cancel Now - If you wish to immediately cancel your subscription and get a refund, you should pick this option.
4. After choosing Cancel Now, you’ll be asked to provide a reason for the cancellation and when you do so, the confirmation window will open. In addition to that, you’ll receive an email confirming that the cancellation was successful.
These instructions should help you cancel your IPVanish subscription in just a few minutes. If you encounter any issues, reach out to the IPVanish support team.
Be advised that the steps described above are relevant only if you signed up for the IPVanish membership directly through the vendor’s website. In case you’ve created an app store account on your iOS device or on your Android, the cancellation process is a bit different but, don’t worry; we’ve got you covered.
Cancellation Procedure for iOS Devices
Cancellation of the accounts made as in-app purchases is slightly different because these payments are processed by iTunes. Hence, these purchases need to be canceled directly through iTunes. For all our readers unsure how to cancel IPVanish on an iPhone, here’s how it goes:
- Log into your iTunes account.
- Go to Settings > Manage Subscriptions.
- Find the subscription you want to cancel and press Cancel Subscription.
- Wait until the process is completed.
Since cancellations, along with payments and refund requests, are managed by iTunes, IPVanish can’t process them.
Canceling an Android In-App Subscription
If you wish to cancel the IPVanish app subscription, you should do the following:
- Go to Your Apps.
- Select the desired app.
- Once the Details page opens, click on Cancel Purchase.
- Wait for the confirmation email.
IPVanish Refund Policy
Now when you know how to cancel IPVanish, you might also be interested in its refund policy. Although it’s recommended to check the terms and conditions before signing up for a particular service, in reality, people tend to forget what they’ve read. So we’ll review the available options here.
IPVanish offers refunds for customers who have chosen to cancel their service within the first 30 days of subscribing. This policy applies to annual memberships only, and the website won’t issue any refunds to monthly subscribers.
When it comes to accounts created on iOS devices, the refund procedure is the same as the IPVanish cancel policy. In this case, all refund requests need to be reviewed by Apple as IPVanish doesn’t control those accounts. The same rule applies to accounts created through Google Play on Android devices, as refund requests need to be authorized by Google.
Make It Vanish – But Find a Substitute
IPVanish accounts can be canceled straightforwardly and, depending on your subscription, you might even be eligible for a refund. Once you finish the process of unsubscribing, you should probably think about getting another VPN service to keep your device safe and your browsing private. There are plenty of excellent VPNs for your iOS, Android, or Windows device, and most of them come with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
You can cancel your IPVanish account at any point you decide to do so; just make sure to carefully read the refund policy if you wish to request your money back. The cancellation process is not complicated at all and, in case you need assistance, you can contact the IPVanish support by filling out the form on the website or by contacting the agents by phone. Support is available 24 hours, seven days a week.
After learning how to cancel their IPVanish account and completing the procedure, most customers want to know if they can get their money back. Although requesting a refund is an easy procedure, getting one might be a bit more complex.
If you have an annual subscription and you request a refund within the first 30 days from subscribing, the website is obliged to honor it; all you need to do is contact their support team. Be advised, however, that this policy doesn’t apply to monthly memberships or any accounts made through the App Store or Google Play.
We’ve already explained how to cancel IPVanish on your PC, iOS, or Android devices, but what if you have this VPN on a Fire Stick and wish to remove it? Here’s what you should do:
- Open your Fire Stick.
- Go to Settings.
- Select Applications.
- Go to Manage Installed Applications.
- Select the app you want to remove.
- Select Uninstall.
- When prompted, confirm that you want to uninstall it.
Your email address will not be published.*