How To Buy More Storage on Your iPhone
If you use an iPhone, you don’t have to delete your files and apps every time your phone starts to get full. Learn how to buy more storage in our easy, step-by-step guide.
Storage space has always been a precious commodity for smartphone users, especially those who love taking photos or videos. Thankfully, it's now easier than ever to solve this problem using the magic of the cloud. In this article, we’ll explain in detail how to buy more storage on your iPhone.
Upgrading Your iPhone Storage
While some Android models still require customers to buy memory cards when they need more space on their phone, iPhone users can take advantage of iCloud storage or resort to other options to free up storage on their iPhone.
When people talk about buying extra space on their iPhone, they actually mean buying additional iCloud storage. After you’ve used up your 5 GB of free iCloud storage, you have the option to upgrade. This system allows you to access your files across all devices that are connected to that iCloud.
There are various Apple storage plans for you to choose from, and they’re available at relatively affordable prices.
The four iCloud storage plans you can choose from are:
- 5 GB. You get this plan for free when you buy your iPhone. If you need to go over 5 GB, you can opt for a paid plan, but you can always downgrade to the initial plan if you no longer want to pay for extra storage.
- 50 GB. Most users are satisfied with having 50 GB, for which they pay $0.99 per month. You can easily back up two personal devices on the same 50 GB iCloud; using all five permitted devices might be a stretch, though.
- 200 GB. This is a bit pricier - $2.99 per month - but 200 GB is usually enough to provide storage for five devices comfortably. Families often use this option for their shared iCloud.
- 2 TB. Finally, you can go all in and choose this $9.99 per month plan if you require a huge amount of storage for your devices. This is more than most families need, but for business purposes, it can be extremely useful.
How To Buy More iCloud Storage for Your iOS Devices
If you want to buy more iCloud storage, you can do so using your iPhone in just a few clicks. We’ll go through the entire procedure, so if you’re not that tech-savvy and need assistance, you can follow these simple instructions to get the job done.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap on the name of the iCloud owner
- Tap iCloud.
- Tap Manage Storage. Some versions of iOS will show iCloud Storage instead.
- Select Upgrade to the right of iCloud Storage.
- Select the amount of storage you want, then tap Buy.
If you're running out of storage on your iPhone, there are a few things you can do to free up space. The first step is to take a look at the apps you have installed and see if there are any that you no longer use. But you should never have to delete photos or videos; instead, just buy more iCloud storage so you can keep all your memories safe.
There are three tiers offered by Apple, aside from the free 5 GB that you get with your iPhone. You’ll pay $0.99 per month for 50 GB, $2.99 per month for 200 GB, and $9.99 per month for 2 TB.
If you’re wondering how to buy more storage on an iPhone but not iCloud, the answer will disappoint you. Unfortunately, the only option you have is to buy iCloud storage; you can’t buy more physical storage on your iPhone. You’d have to get a new device in order to gain more hardware storage.
For most users, 200 GB is more than enough, even for entire families. However, some people who use their iPhones for professional purposes need as much as 2 TB.
Your email address will not be published.*